[bksvol-discuss] Re: listing names of submitters and validators

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 16:40:11 -0600

I like the suggestion that those of us who wish to be listed anonymously be given a permanent identifying number like bsv1. I would hope that no one would think that I've chosen to be listed anonymously for the books I've scanned or validated because it's a way of hiding behind doing a lousy job. Smile. I had no idea that it was a problem that was going on! That's too bad that it's happening.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E. wrote:
I agree with the suggestion that a validator's name be posted along with the submitter's name. Posting a validator's name acknowledges the work the validator has put into making the book ready for the collection.

I also suggest that those who do not want their names used on step 1, or as submitters or validators be given a number such as bsv1 bsv2 and so forth. This numbering system will respect the need for anonimity while making sure people know the kind of work that a person does. Hiding behind "a bookshare volunteer" means nobody can tell what kind of work that person does as a submitter or validator. That lack of knowledge can lead to poor quality books making it into the collection.