[bksvol-discuss] list volume

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:17:52 -0400

Hi all,

Perhaps some suggestions are in order? I've been drowning in email for the past two days. Perhaps some suggested behavior may be helpful?

One, refrain from sending "I agree" messages. If you want to tell the person you agree with that you do, send it privately.

Two, if the subject line of your message says "for Cindy" or "for Gwen" or whatever name, that message should be sent privately. It's for that individual. You've said so. Don't clog the list with personal messages. Address your messages to all or send them privately.

Three, when a big hoodoo like just happened happens, read all or most of the messages and then make one reply. That's one reply, please! I've seen strings of messages in the last two days where one person will send ten messages all with the same subj line and all one right after the other. Please, folks, be a mite mindful about those of us who do have legitimate jobs and work to do. We don't have time to read through an hundred and fifty messages a day from one list on about two subjects.

Oh, and how about the ten messages I just saw entitled list traffic or list volume? Don't you realize that when you reply to this thread, you're increasing the volume? Hello! Yeh, I know, I've just done it too.

I'm sorry, Pavi, but I had to speak up..

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring