[bksvol-discuss] Re: line breaks

  • From: "Robert Peters" <rpet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:17:21 -0500

I know I need to take them out when I submit a book and it gets sent back.  I
use BookPort to read with, and BookPort doesn't care--up until this Spring, all
of the scanning I've done for the past sixteen years has been for myself.
Victor Streams (which I just got one of) appears to care as the linebreaks make
the reading jerky.  I started checking after the first book came back.
        I am using OpenBook 7, and an Ebson 2480 scanner.
                        Robert

Attention:  The information contained in this message and/or attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or nonpublic material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

>>> <Megmil85@xxxxxxx> 6/9/2009 8:13 PM >>>
How do you know if you need to do this? I mean, when do you take out line
breaks?
Megan

In a message dated 6/9/2009 5:33:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx writes:

There (1)  2 ways to get rid of the undesirable line  breaks:(1) delete
each one manually and replace it with a space or (2) Blacken  the whole
paragraph up to the paragraph sign at the end of the paragraph and  re place
with a
space. The first time you'll have to use just replace, not  replace all,
but after that, with he otherparagraphs,  you can replace  replace all. If
youmake a mistake--and you'll know right away because you'll  see just one huge
paragraph, you can undo

Cindy

Wish List (i.e.,  books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available  at sites below

Wish List:  https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List

Books Being  Scanned List: