[bksvol-discuss] Re: lenght of time between acceptance and approval of a book

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:10:48 -0700

FYI:

This is the comment concerning book approvals from Madeline's notes from the
March 20 phone chat.

1.       Approval queue backlog: It's taking me longer than I'd like to
approve books. Suggestions for reducing the time welcome, but keep in mind
we are not hiring anyone anytime soon. I'm hoping to recruit a volunteer to
help, although it will likely be someone in house and won't happen just yet.
From out phone chat, no one seemed too upset about the wait time, and
apparently back in the day you sometimes had to wait months or even a year
to get books approved.  My current compromise: if you have a book that's due
at the library or needs to be returned, let me know and I'll be happy to
approve that book immediately.

Lori C.