[bksvol-discuss] leaving headers

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:23:05 -0800

I would like to know what those of you who are submitting books are doing about
headers. I am a braille reader so don't know how they come across in daisy
format other than what I have read here on the list about tags. They are
certainly unpleasant to keep reading in braille, but the stripper seems so
unreliable that I don't feel we can count on it to remove them. Since we keep
begging Bookshare to give us guidance in this matter and they do not, I am
wondering what most of you do and also how you think it affects the acceptance
of your submissions. My present policy is to remove headers, preserving the
print page number, but as others have pointed out, the numbers don't seem to be
preserved in braille regardless.