[bksvol-discuss] just uploaded 8 bestsellers

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:54:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi gang,

I just uploaded 6 of the October bestsellers (Bridge of Sighs, The Wednesday
Letters, Tree of Smoke, The Nine, Louder Than Words, and The Vixen Diaries).
Will try to finish the Mother Teresa book in a few days.  These 7 books arrived
in the office last Tuesday (I ordered them on October 9th).  There are still 2
books left on the October list - Giving by Bill Clinton, and Wonderful Tonight
by Pattie Boyd.  If they're not done soon, I'll order them with my December
bunch and process them.

I also uploaded 2 of the November bestsellers (Musicophilia, and Celebrity
Detox).  [The Musicophilia book has a whole chapter on musical synesthesia -
fascinating!  Sacks mentions that most musical savants are blind or visually
impaired, and that in the music world, attaching the word BLIND to a musician
is something of a honorific.] Will try to finish the other November bestsellers
within a few weeks.

Happy holiday weekend!  Carrie

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs