[bksvol-discuss] just submitted: the Founding

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:30:54 -0400

I just submitted the Founding the first in the Morland Chronicles by Cynthia
Harrod-Eagles.
In the Morland Dynasty series, the majestic sweep of English history is richly
and movingly portrayed through the fictional lives of the Morland family.
It is 1434, and seeking power and prestige, ambitious Yorkshireman Edward
Morland arranges a marriage between his meek son Robert and spirited Eleanor,
young ward of the influential Beaufort family. Eleanor is appalled at being
forced to marry a mere "sheep farmer;" she is, besides, secretly in love with
Richard, Duke of York. Yet in time this apparently ill-matched union becomes
both passionate and tender, the foundation of the Morland dynasty, and sustains
them through bloody civil war which so often divides families, sets neighbor
against neighbor, and brings tragedy close to home.

enjoy.
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams