[bksvol-discuss] Re: how can I get books to scan

  • From: "Ixchel, Jackie" <starsandhearts2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 22:06:40 -0400

Hi,
One place you could get books from is your local library. I'll look
for other good places which are free and let you know.
Last I checked, people are allowed to send you books; I think some
volunteers did it not too long ago.
What scanning software do you have?
Jackie

On 6/4/12, Eden Kizer <eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>      I have a great scanning product now and can scan books, but I can
> not afford to buy them.  If people want things scanned, please notify me
> on my email, and you can arrange to send them to me if alowed
> eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> The program I have can capture 20 pages a minute.  It is 90 to 95
> perecent accurate.  Better than my spelling, lol.
>
> Eden
>
> On 6/4/2012 10:50 PM, Judy s. wrote:
>> Am I missing something here?
>>
>> Is this new list of who likes what that's going to be used to create
>> paired scanners and proofreaders supposed to be for just those
>> volunteers who like the idea, or are all of us suddenly being asked to
>> jump on another bandwagon?
>>
>> If this is intended for all volunteers, it has all the potential to be
>> yet another administrative nightmare, and would make no sense to me.
>>
>> Just my (somewhat jaded) opinion! smile.
>>
>> Judy
>>
>> On 6/4/2012 6:59 PM, Mayrie ReNae wrote:
>>> Hi Lori,
>>>
>>> As well  as the privacy issue, I agree completely with you.
>>>
>>> Mayrie

>>> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: volunteers : was: A Plan for More Work

--
Currently Reading: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan and Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins