[bksvol-discuss] Re: historical (immigrant/settler fiction byLauraine Snelling added to wish list today

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:43:41 -0500

The following three Red River of the North Series books by Lauraine Snelling
are already in the collection.

A Land To Call Home

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/16992/A%2BLand%2BTo%2BCall%2BHome%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWxhdXJhaW5lIHNuZWxsaW5nJg%3D%3D

A New Day Rising

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/33210/A%2BNew%2BDay%2BRising%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWxhdXJhaW5lIHNuZWxsaW5nJg%
3D%3D

Tender Mercies

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/18845/Tender%2BMercies%20?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWxhdXJhaW5lIHNuZWxsaW5nJg%3D%3D

I can't speak to the quality of the last one, but the first two could probably
do with a BSO.

Blessings.

Lynn I

          From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
          Subject: Lauraine Snelling one more
          To: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
          Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 7:04 PM

          I sent titles from a series plus the first review of the  first book
in the series.
          Hope you don't mind I'll try not to bother you to much but  couldn't
resist these.
          Try the Red River of the North series by Lauraine Snelling.

          This series includes six titles:

          An Untamed Land
          A New Day Rising
          A Land To Call Home
          The Reaper’s Song
          Tender Mercies
          Blessing In Disguise

          Masterfully written faith-filled stories following Norwegian
Immigrants as they try to carve out a life in the wilds of the Dakota
Territory. Gripping story telling. Schnelling's series qualifies as is first
class historical fiction.

          The books are available for purchase from Amazon.com

          Description from the first title "An Untamed Land":

          "Book Description
          She had promised herself that once they left the fjords of Norway,
she would never look back. The promise of free land lures Roald and Ingeborg
Bjorklund from their beloved home high above the fjords of Norway, and after
three long years of scrimping and saving to buy tickets for their passage to
America, they finally arrive at the docks of New York City. This new land
promises a rich heritage for their children, and here they hope to build a good
life. After a long journey by train and then by covered wagon, the Bjorklunds
finally arrive in Dakota Territory, where they settle on the banks of the Red
River of the North. But the virgin prairie refuses to yield its treasure
without a struggle. Will Roald and Ingeborg be strong enough to overcome the
hardships of that first winter? Proud of their heritage and sustained by their
faith, they came to tame a new land.

          About the Author
          LAURAINE SNELLING is the bestselling, award-winning author of over
forty novels. She also writes for a wide range of magazines and teaches at
writers conferences

08:20:00