[bksvol-discuss] Re: help please:

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:36:50 -0400

Hi all,

Kenny and others, there was a huge hoodoo last week on the list about a book called The Good Earth. This was because many of us knew a book by that title which was written by Pearl S. Buck. The current book which was being validated was written by an entirely different author. May I ask for some clarification? Please folks, since there are books with the same title by different authors, please include both title and author in all posts about specific books. If we all could do this, that would be super!

Reason I ask this of everyone, is that Kenny's message has the potential for starting another hoodoo! I know a book by Robert A. Heinlein called Stranger In A Strange Land. I believe this book is already on the site, though I haven't checked. I'm not going to check until I get an msg back from Kenny to see if this is the Heinlein book or some other book by the same title. <smiling> I'm not falling into that trap again.

As for whether or not to release the book, if the book says Hold-For-Viji on it, perhaps you better release it.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring