[bksvol-discuss] government copyright office

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 16:40:35 -0700 (PDT)

FYI-- I went to add sites to my new (not brand
new--just the e-mac with the OSX that I now have to
use instead of my -i-Mac with the OS9) toolbar and
found the following notice at the U.S. Government
Opcyright Office. It will be interesting to see if the
information is easier to read and understand.

For those of you interested in where to go if you have
to check copyright info, here again is the general
site and the info about the change coming. Also, fyi,
it's closed from 5 p.m. szat. to noon on Sunday,
eastern time.

http://www.copyright.gov/records/

"An improved copyright searching system will replace
current search systems around November 1, 2005.

The new system offers new features including keyword
searching and the use of a single database containing
records for monographs, serials, and recorded
documents.

All of the approximately 20 million records for
registrations and recorded documents in the current
system will be migrated to the new search method, a
similar system used by other parts of the Library of
Congress for searching collections.

Watch for additional information, and the exact date
the switch will be made."