[bksvol-discuss] fonts

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:49:54 -0400

If I have to check fonts, I may find it easier just to quit validating.

All this massive checking will become overwhelming.

I am an experienced validator.

I have validated over 600 books during the time I have been a volunteer (beginning of 2003 I think.)

Frankly the volume of fixes and checking is getting ridiculous.

Surely automated tools can help here.

Surely comments from accredited staff on all the issues brought up recently about the stripper, braille translator and now fonts is necessary.

Validating used to be fun.

I feel swamped.

You poor new validators have my deep sympathy.

Elizabeth E.