[bksvol-discuss] duties of a scanner-submitter

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:48:38 -0700

Hi Gang,

I have been scanning and submitting books for several years now and have never been told any guidelines as to what to do and not to do. It seems to me that the scanner should send it on in as good a shape as is possible. I'm not patting myself on the back, but I spend a lot of time going through a book before I upload it and try to get all the split words taken care of and split words where they have been run together. It seems to me that that should be part of the scanner's responsibility so the validator won't be overwhelmed with too much to correct. I know my books are far from perfect but I try I hope that readers who download a book and send it back because there's too many mistakes to deal with ought to get another book in it's place with no extra charge There's my Saturday morning sermon.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California