[bksvol-discuss] did I really violate a rule yesterday? Re: On re-reading books

  • From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:27:34 -0600

Hello,

This odd thing today I find in my Inbox and I do not know exactly what to make
of it.

Yesterday I posted to the thread about re-reading books that Bob had posted.

Then I was off line until just a while ago and I am reading posts in the
Bookshare volunteer discussion.
I had read one post, where Bob responded, so I guess the post must have been
read by the group.
Now, my own posts do not show up in my inbox, something about my msn and my
gmail account, I don't know. Don't care to fool with it anymore, because I just
quit.

But since this note came in my inbox, Now I wonder if anyone has a notion about
it?

The address in the From was:
administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxx;

the Subject header said this:
[MailServer Notification]Content Filtering Notification

The text in the body of the email was:

This email has violated the PROFANITY.
and Quarantine entire message has been taken on 5/31/2009 4:28:07 PM.
Message details:
Server: BVRS-EXCH
Sender: rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx;
Recipient: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: On re-reading books

Sure looks authentic, right?

Now, I had to ask myself, what? Did I type in text from James Joyce, or what?
No, I know I did not. But the co-incidence of the reference to it and the
mystery, just sort of puzzles me.

I will send this to the the Bookshare help folks, and see what they say.

And for all I might be able to know, perhaps this post may not reach you fine
folks on this list. and I am fearing that I have been banished. And soon some
men with ropes and all will come and tote me off somehwere. to suffer in a
medieval era prison, or endure enhanced interrogation, or some such.  Pray, let
not my imagination, wander any more.  Truth be out, I did not intend, nor do I
believe I did commit, any such violation on this list.

Thanks
Rik at rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx