[bksvol-discuss] cover and jacket-flap text

  • From: Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 11:39:42 -0800

Who can tell me if there is a standard placement, format, and page-numbering
system for front and back cover text, and for text on jacket-flaps? I’m finding
a lot of variation in the different scans I’m proofing.

For example, in the current scan, back-cover text has been placed at the
beginning, on a page right after front-cover text. The front-cover text, of
course, duplicates the title page. Assume there should be only one 20 point
bold title, and if that appears on the cover page, should the title page be set
to all 12 point? Or should the front cover not be included? What about the
back cover, which has excerpts from reviews (marketing)?

Beverly To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to