[bksvol-discuss] Re: cook books

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:43:01 -0700

Hi Alicia,

Congratulations on tackling a cookbook!  That is not the simplest of
projects!  And they are much appreciated by Bookshare members. Thank you!

Whether you include the descriptions of pictures in the book is really up to
you. I'm sure that some folks would really appreciate their inclusion in the
book!

If a page needs to have a note that it contains a picture, please include
that information in brackets, not parenthesis.

To note section changes, usually signified by white space in the hard copy
of the book, please place three asterisks on a line with nothing else on it
just before the section begins. Please note that if you do not choose to put
spaces between your asterisks, and your computer has not had the
autoformatting of borders disabled, placing three asterisks without spaces
will create a horizontal border where you type them.

Formatting such as indentation in a book is not preserved by Bookshare's
conversion tools.  That said, if an entire section of a page is indented,
and each indented line is preceded by a paragraph mark, those paragraph
marks need to be removed, hence the indentation removed, unless it is truly
supposed to be the beginning of a paragraph.  Does that make sense?

If I have been unclear, please let me know and I'll try to be more helpful.

Thanks for tackling such a tough project!

Mayrie

  _____