[bksvol-discuss] Re: compound words that sound weird

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:58:57 -0400

The big problem here is that words change over time.  Waterproof, now one word,
started out as water-proof, with a dash.  Depending on when a book was written,
anything might happen.  I usually try to check the book or check with the
dictionary.  Probably overdoing it, but that's what I do since they're my books
and I'm nuts.