[bksvol-discuss] Re: changing m dashes to --

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 18:02:13 -0400

I also convert em dashes into hyphens, partly out of habit, but mainly because if I don't, anything I scan that I want to read on my Pac Mate only shows a single hyphen where the em dash is. So I change them to make the braille look right; but it also ensures, in the case of something I'm reading with the intension of submitting to Bookshare, that the em dashes weren't missed, (missed as in wrongly recognized as single hyphens), which I've seen happen in some books sometimes depending on the font used.. If they were missed, then I can correct them as I read.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>