[bksvol-discuss] Re: cannot submit and validate the same book

  • From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:43:47 -0500

I was actually thinking about this topic earlier this morning. What do you
all think about the suggestion that submitters be allowed to validate their
own submissions with the understanding that they only get credit for one
part of the process. I am thinking of scanning a book called Love Dare,
assuming it isn't already in the collection; I will read the book carefully
and it seems that if a submitter could validate their own work it would put
books into the collection faster. I do not believe that anyone should get
double credit for their work because this would make it too easy for people
to submit sloppy work for double credit. Curious as to what you all think.