[bksvol-discuss] bookshare notice strangeness

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:02:15 -0500

The weirdest thing just happened.  I got a notice from bookshare saying
that my submission of "Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish" was not
accepted for publication on bookshare.  The reason was that it was a
duplicate, which I didn't entirely believe, because I was pretty
thorough about checking for it.  I also submitted it a long time ago, so
if it was a duplicate it should have been rejected a long time ago.  I
looked for the title and found it in the collection.  I first noticed
that the book had the same synopsis  that i wrote, so I started to get
annoyed that someone would steel that and then reject my book when it
was a grate scan and thoroughly edited besides.  Then I looked at who
was listed as having submitted it, and it was me!  Very odd, since I did
not receive a second message saying it was approved.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity