[bksvol-discuss] books Cindy has out

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 23:36:08 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, dear.  Yes, the date got away from me and the
books were released--and you have eyes that are too
sharp.

In my defense--the books I have are books that people
were going to reject or books that need sight. Or
books that were sitting on the download list for a
very long time and rather than have them deleted I
thought I'd look at them. I haven't been downloading
books since except one that is very worthwhile but was
in such bad shape that it was going to be
rejected--and I'd spent quite a bit of time paginating
for the submitter.

Some of the books may not be worthwhile saving--If
Tammy is a mess I don't think it will be worthwhile
for me to fix. Since I'm not fond of westerns, that
may be the case of one or two others--and I will
reject.

I have taken two books of Amber's that no one wanted
and that sound like they woule be good books for the
collection. The one I'm working on now, and perhaps I
should have done others that I've kept longer first,
is over 900 pages missing a lot of words but I
seriously doubt anyone would re-scan it and even if
they did if it wold come out any better because of its
size and the way it's bound. I do hope people will
read it when it gets into the collection because it is
marvelous in its history and very readable.

My theory at the time was that rather than having the
books sit on the download list or be deleted because
no one was taking them, I would and that would keep
the list small. I would love to know how many of the
books on your or what used to be Rui's rescan list
have been rescanned. But after a book is rescanned it
then has to be revaldiated.  I did some time ago
release some books that someone rescanned but the
scan, except for one, came out badly because of the
print and I had to validate it anyone.

BTW, After finishing the book I'm working on, Memoirs
of Cleopatra, which I highly recommend, I plan to
finish Transit of Venus, which I now own, and then
will try Prince of Sinners. I do not have that book
and so if the scan is pretty bad I'll release it, but
all of Oppenheimer's,it seems, are on PG, and perhaps
we can get them from there. They are rare classics.

Most of the books I have are txt without page breaks,
and yes, some are classics and some seem to be
important. Since you were kind enough to post the
list, if anyone wants me to release one of them I'll
be happy to--either for someone else to validate or if
someone promises to rescan. The books I've taken are
books, with the possible exception of Oklahoma
Sweetheart and Tammy Tell Me True, and possibly the
westerns, that I really think should be in the
collection and that people have said, as I said
before, need sighted help.
I know a lot of members really enjoy westerns, which
is why I took them to salvage--they may not even be
that bad--maybe they just need pagination. I haven't
yet had a chance to look.