[bksvol-discuss] Re: book courier question

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 14:19:47 -0400

  It is true that neither device supports Windows 98.  The best you can do
is to have a separate card reader/writer for the flash card and store MP3
files on it which those devices can read.  Windows 98 does not have the full
usb support that is required by newer devices and the international USB
standard no longer requires Windows 98 Support as it is an operating system
that is now three generations old and completely dropped by Microsoft.
    There are people around selling used Road Runners, perhaps you can ask
around on the variious lists. Thanks.

Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
www.bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org