[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V12 #69

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 06:04:15 -0400

Me too, why not?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vanh Vue" <vanh.vue@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 2:39 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V12 #69

Hi, Judy,

May I have a copy of the proofreading manual, too?

Please and thank you,

Vanh Vue

bksvol-discuss Digest Thu, 19 Mar 2015 Volume: 12  Issue: 069

In This Issue:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: new proofreading manual
[bksvol-discuss] Re: new proofreading manual
[bksvol-discuss] Re: new proofreading manual
[bksvol-discuss] just submitted a book "A Lady's Ranch Life

From: "Susan Lumpkin" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: new proofreading manual
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 00:31:32 -0500

It worked fine this time. Thanks. Hope things are well there.

Susan

From: "Jenny Carter" <jennycarter77@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 02:45:51 -0400

Hi, Judy.  May I also have a copy?
Thank you,

Jenny Carter

From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 07:13:01 -0400

Hi Judy et al,
Me too, please?

Ann P.

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

------------------------------

From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] just submitted a book "A Lady's Ranch Life in
Montana
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:21:54 -0600

Here are the details of another book I have scanned and submitted for our
friendly skies at Bookshare.
It is a pretty interesting book, I think. I may be biased as it takes place

just down the road from where I live!
But it was all awhile back, before any of us were around... 1885!
Thanks to all of you who have been, so devotedly, editing and proofing my
submissions.
Rik James

AUTHOR:   Isabel F. Randall
Isabel F. Randall, Richard L. Saunders (ed.), Shirley A. Leckie

(Foreword)
      ISBN #:   0-8061-3640-5
      TITLE:   A Lady's Ranch Life in Montana
YEAR OF COPYRIGHT: Copyright (c) 2004 by the University of Oklahoma
Press, Norman, Publishing Division of the University.
      from the book's back cover:
'A Faithful and Unvarnished Record of a Settler's Life' is how Isabel
Randall described her letters when they were first published in 1887.
Randall was one of the few European women to write about the western
experience from the inside. In 1884 Randall and her husband settled on a
ranch in Montana hoping to make their fortune in the livestoc boom.
Randall's
letters home to England describe the practical affairs of daily life, rural

social interactions and the natural world around her. Her letters are
cheerful, but they also suggest why the Randalls ultimately failed to
achieve financial success. In this new edition of A Lady's Ranch Life in
Montana Richard L. Saunders supplements Randall's letters with notes and an

extensive introduction drawn from a wealth of primary sources.
     Volume 67 in The Western Frontier Library
Isabel F. Randall (1860-1933) lived in Montana between 1884 and 1886, when
she returned to England and published her collection of letters on her
American experience. Richard L. Saunders is Curator of Special Collections
and University Archives at the University of Tennessee at Martin and the
author of The Yellowstone Reader: The National Park in Popular Fiction,
Folklore, and Verse. Shirley A. Leekie is the author of Elizabeth Bacon
Custer and the Making of a Myth.

      VOLUNTEER COMMENTS:
This book was scanned using K-1000 software, version 14. Images are
retained, and I have the book to check and verify its content, if you wish to contact me for questions. Email me at d28rik at msn com. The book does

not have chapter headings. Major headings include: Contents, Illustrations,

Foreword, Preface, Acknowledgements, Epilogue, and Notes. Onn each page in
the Notes, there are sub-headings with the page range of those Notes.
Finally, there is also there in an Index. In each case I have adjusted font

to bold and set at size 16 point. It was a very clean scan, even before
doing corrections, the Ranked Spelling was over 99 %. One thing I noticed in

making corrections, there were a number of incidences, where an r was
mistakenly taken for an I. (ex. word jury might be [juiy]. I tried to find

them all. But ... well, Good luck, and I hope you may enjoy the history.
This book containes content from near around where I live and I hear it is
used a lot as reference for people studying local early Montana history.