[bksvol-discuss] Re: another PQ question

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 07:12:44 -0700

I think the PQ copies are the same as what is in commercial ebooks. One problem with that is they don't have any page breaks or page numbers. That may change, though as I recently saw something about kindle books getting real page numbers. I'd guess this is from schools wanting to use ebook readers for textbooks and teachers have to be able to make assignments of page x to y and students have to be able to cite pages in term papers.

Of course, losing the picture descriptions that volunteers provide is a real heartbreak, but maybe the great staff at bookshare can convince the publishers of the value of that too.

Misha

On 7/6/2011 6:45 PM, Charisma wrote:
That was what I was figuring. But I guess I am worried since I read on
here that PQs are sometimes worse than volunteer copies. Just
panicking about tomorrow's possibilities to avoid panicking about
today's realities! lol

Charisma