[bksvol-discuss] advice needed

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare bolunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:16:45 -0600

Hi.
I am currently validating "assignment in eternity" by Robert Heinlein.

The book seems to have several small scanning errors (the comes out as die, and, therefore, then comes out as dien). These are small and infrequent, so I should be able to take care of them easily enough.

The problem is that the book has a running title at the top. Odd numbered pages have the name of one of the stories followed by a page number.
The even numbered pages has a page number followed by "Robert a. Heinlein".
The book has no section breaks or page breaks.

I think the book has about 300 pages in it.

I have tried searching for text (either a story name, or the author's name). I can find them okay in word, but I can't do a global find and replace because I don't know how to get back to the beginning of the line and insert a page break.

My question is, how would you handle this book? Am I doomed to work on it for the rest of my existence as a sane individual? Am I making a mountain out of a moll hill?

What do you say?

I await your words of wisdom.

Bob
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead