[bksvol-discuss] Yet ANOTHER

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 22:08:01 -0500

Murder of a Small-Town Honey (Scumble River #1) by Denise Swanson

When Skye Denison left Scumble

River years ago, she swore she'd never

come back. Now, having been fired

from her job, jilted by her boyfriend,

and rejected by her credit cards, she

has reluctantly returned....

Immediately, Skye's determination to keep a low profile as the new school
psychologist is assaulted by an army of small-town busybodies and well-meaning
family members who can't wait to pry into her life, dole out advice, and
volunteer her services in the Chokeberry Days festival. And when the fair
erupts in chaos and controversy-the Cow Chip Bingo sabotaged and the jelly
contest ruined-Skye closes the event down altogether by finding a dead body....

The deceased, who at first appears to be the elderly host of a beloved
children's TV program, and a dear, sweet thing, turns out to be quite
different-a sexy young woman with a wild past and more secrets than are in Aunt
Minnie's Jell-O Surprise. And as if this stunning revelation weren't enough to
intrigue Skye's inner snoop, soon her own brother is accused of the crime....

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
{{Miss you forever}}