[bksvol-discuss] Writer's Practice Group Announcement

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:00:54 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to thank everyone who attended last night's meeting of The Writer's Practice Group

for their participation. Last night, I talked a little bit about some miscelaneous topics

that we hadn't covered before: writing what you know, and keeping your reader involved are a

couple upon which I touched. It really was a tiny little discourse. However, if you are

interested in hearing the archive, you can find it on the Friends of Bookshare web site at:

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org

Our next meeting of The Writer's Practice Group will be next Wednesday, December 19,

in the Friends of Bookshare Classroom at 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time, 7:00 P.M. Mountain Time,

8:00 P.M. Central Time, and 9:00 P.M. Easterntime. The link to the classroom is:

Friends of Bookshare Class Room:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs0f1c528bd81b

        Below are the writing topics suggested for this week and the guidelines
for

completing them. If you have an interest in becoming a better writer, please, prepare one

of the topics to read aloud to the group, and come join us next week. If you are unable to

read your topic aloud, you can e-mail it to me, and I will post it for you as text during

the meeting for the rest of the group to read. Please send me your topics no later than an

hour and a half before next week's meeting.  My e-mail address is:

mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting of The Writer's Practice Group.

Peace,
Mayrie

WRITING TOPICS FOR THE NEXT WEEK
Here are some topics to spur you on in your daily writing practice this week. These

topics are designed to help you to write about what you know. Try to use vivid language.

Choose one of the following topics to bring to the next meeting to share with the group.

Please remember to keep the piece, or part of a piece of writing that you choose to share to

something that can be read aloud in five minutes or less. Try timing yourself. This works

out to about six-hundred words.
1.  Write about walking.
2.  Write about a birthday party.
3.  Write about Saturday morning.