[bksvol-discuss] Working with the Checkout List

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:15:42 -0700

The system slowdown today has interrupted our project to clean up "Hold For"s
and extra copies of volunteer training books. That work will continue tomorrow.

I the meantime Rick Costa wanted to share with all of you some shortcuts he
uses to save time on the Checkout List. Basically his approach is to have you
load the Checkout List in a variety of ways and bookmark each.

Our system allows one to get to p. 2 only by first loading p. 1. Without these
workarounds, to get to pages <other than p. 1>, one has to load the Checkout
List several times.

To get to p. 2 (or p. 3) of the Checkout List <sorted by Title>, one actually
has to load the Checkout List 3 times, so these bookmarks save even more time.

1 Load the Checkout List with the default sort (Date Submitted), then bookmark
it with the label:

    Checkout List, DEFAULT sort (Date Submitted), page 1

2  Click either "2" or "Next page", bookmark it and label:

    Checkout List, DEFAULT sort (Date Submitted), page 2

3 Do the same for the 3rd page of the Checkout List

Rick also notes  “I often need to sort first by title, so I also bookmarked”:

   Checkout List, sort by TITLE, page 1
   Checkout List, sort by TITLE, page 2
   Checkout List, sort by TITLE, page 3

Scott Rains