[bksvol-discuss] Re: Word question

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:40:18 -0600

Hi Chris, here's how to do it. Do not do this on a book that has tables within the text, as it will really mess up the tables. Fiction books rarely have tables, but if you're doing a nonfiction book do be careful.

How to standardize and left align all paragraphs at once in Word:
1. Select all text with a control a (hold down the control key while tapping the a key once) 2. Open Word's paragraph formatting menu with the following keystrokes: press the alt key, then press the O key, then press the p key. Use the menu to set the indents and spacing as follows:
Alignment: left
Indentation left: zero
Indentation right: zero
First line indent: by: 0 (you can chose another number from 0 to 0.5 if you want; don't go bigger than 0.5 for best results.)
Spacing before paragraphs: zero
Spacing after paragraphs: zero
Line spacing: at least 12 point
3. Select the "OK" button and click it.

That should do it!

Judy s.

On 12/2/2014 3:46 PM, Christopher Zeigler wrote:

Hello all how do I align all of the text in Word without doing each page one by one I want to just so do I would like to do document at once any help would be great I also know that there's a kind man that will test the section breaks into page but that's what I'm trying to say is if there is a command you can put in the reply style about all of the texts or k thanks any help would be great

--
Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>