[bksvol-discuss] Re: Will this be accepted?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:45:12 EST

I am prone to read books that others often consider rather recondite, that
is, obscure and of an academic nature. I remember once discussing some of
the books I have read and some of the books I was hoping to read with someone
when I was asked how I find out about these titles. The answer was mostly
from bibliographies. If a subject matter is of interest to me I tend to devour
the bibliography to get an idea of what else is around on the same topic.
If I read a book that had a bibliography and it was not included, as is the
case with a lot of NLS books, I would be in anguish and would decidedly
consider the book as incomplete. An index is a different matter though. Way
back
when I was in school I found indices occasionally useful, but not very often
and they really do seem to be extraneous when a book is being read on a
device that most probably has much more powerful find tools than the index.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Will this be accepted?
Date:
11/3/2009 1:23:37 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

The bibliography and index do not have to be included, as I understand it,
though they might be desirable. It would have been nice if the they had been
scanned but you wouldn't have to proofread them because they would be
usable, even if not perfect. I've proofed quite a few books that did have a
bibliography
and index but I didn't proof them. IMO they were usable as they were,
though I did offer to get the book and proof the file if the reader needed a
more
perfect one--but no one has ever asked me to do that.
Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: