[bksvol-discuss] Watch Out For Submission Form Snafoos

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 04:23:37 -0400

Hi, everybody. I've noticed that several of our new books on step 1 have a similar problem that needs to be corrected on the submission form. Some books have already made it past a validater with this problem and are waiting in the admin queue. I expect to see them kicked back to step 1 soon. When a book has multiple authors, we are supposed to enter each person's name with a comma to separate them, Please do not use the word and. So John Brown and Mary Smith is wrong. You write it as John Brown, Mary Smith. If an author has a PHD after their name, leave that off on the submission form. John Brown, PHD will trick the Bookshare tools into thinking that PHD is the author of a book. Finally, if John Brown is the editor of a book, write John Brown (editor) with no comma. Your attention to these small details will keep books from being bounced back to step 1.

Monica Willyard