[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validated or approved?

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:15:34 -0400

Jamie, I have been noticing the high number of books in the admin queue for a couple of weeks now. I held my tongue though, knowing that Jennifer is doing the job that was formerly handled by Gustavo on top of her original job. We did see some books from the admin queue approved on Friday, and I'm happy about that. Something that is somewhat frustrating to me though is that most of the newly approved books we've seen over the past few weeks have been books that were newly added to the queue, meaning that books that had been awaiting attention much longer hadn't been worked on. I am expecting this situation to get worse in July because many of the staff members will be attending conventions. I do hope Jennifer is able to take a good swipe at reducing the queue before she leaves. Does anyone know if Bookshare is planning to hire someone to fully replace Gustavo?

Monica Willyard

At 04:41 PM 6/3/2007, Jamie wrote:
I noticed the other day there were a lot of books awaiting administrator approval. But this discussion sparked my curiosity so I just checked and there are 173 books in that list. That seems like an awfully high number.