[bksvol-discuss] To an Extraordinary Group of Volunteers - Thank You!

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 07:10:26 -0800

Bookshare Volunteers,

This is the year-end final countdown.

Official results will come from Fred and Alisa in 2012 but Bookshare scanners
and proofers have submitted a remarkable number of books this year. With a late
start in October (because that's when the tool was ready) image describers have
also achieved an amazing number. At this moment you are less than 100 image
descriptions away from your stretch goal. My guess is that at this pace you
will get there before New Year's Day.

A few people have taken up my invitation to write to me with technical issues
or questions on how to describe. They are now out there contributing too. Feel
free to write me up until New Year's Eve to get help:

Scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow