[bksvol-discuss] The Unseen Part 3 Blood Brothers

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

I have just uploaded to step 1 The Unseen Part 3: Blood Brothers by Richie
Tankersley Cusik.

  The description is:

  Lucy knows there must be something, somewhere, that can tell her why she was
chosen to see the terrible visions; why she feels the shadowy presence all
around her. But what? Could the explanation lie with the mysterious stranger
claiming to be Byron's brother? As Lucy searches desperately for answers, she
knows time is running out. Too many people have disappeared-- or worse--and the
constant feeling of being surrounded by something truly evil grows stronger
each night.

  Danger
  Lucy tried to pull free. No more visions! Make them stop!
  But the stranger's hand squeezed tighter, sending a chaos of sensations to
her very core.
  Burning like the moon, red just like the moon, burning eyes, burning lips,
burning souls
  "Is he?" she heard him ask again. "Is Byron dead?"
  Lucy felt the walls sway around her, the stones shift beneath her feet. For
one brief second the young man's eyes actually seemed to change color, black
and amber fusing together in a liquid, luminous glow--yet she convinced herself
it was only a trick of her own unshed tears. She tried to answer him--wanted to
answer him--but her thoughts were all muddled, and she was so hot, and he was
holding her so tight . . . so tight . . .
  "Yes." Don't make me say it--I can't bear to say it! "Yes! He's dead!"
  "You're sure?"
  Memories stabbed through her head, pierced through her heart. "If you were
really his brother, you wouldn't be asking me these questions! If you were
really his brother, you'd already know--"

Jamie in Michigan
Currently reading: Mistletoe Murder - Leslie Meier
Find great deals on books at Half.com.