[bksvol-discuss] Ten Foot Square

  • From: Cindy R <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:37:16 -0700 (PDT)

I looked in the catalogs of 4 library systems. The
only book with that title I found was an old one by
Chomei Kamo, The Ten Foot Hut (or, in one place, The
Ten Foot House) (he lived in he 12th-13th centuries).
Judging by the second line in your post, which seems
to indicate that it was published in Tokyo, Japan (if
I'm reading gibberish as well as I think I am). I'm
guessing Tuttle is a translator. Who would be the
copyright holder, I'm not sure. Although the only 1972
edition in the LC Catalog was translated by A. L.
Sadler. Below I've copied the LC catalog listing.

The ten foot square hut, and Tales of the Heike; being
two thirteenth-century Japanese classics, the "Hojoki"
and selections from the "Heike monogatar        Kamo, Chomei,
1153?-1216.     Ten foot square hut, and Tales of the
Heike; being two thirteenth-century Japanese classics,
the "Hojoki" and selections from the "Heike
monogatari." Translated by A. L. Sadler.        1972

I found a book with that title on Amazon, and the
copyright page is available to look at. According to
that, the paperback edition (and the title is the same
as above) is published by the Charles E. Tuttle
Company and copyrighted by them, the date being 1972.

I'll send to you directly all the title page info and
the correct title if you want it.

Yahoo! Domains ? Claim yours for only $14.70/year