[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT/RTF, zip/notzip/carry-over credits

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:33:22 -0400

Hi Cindy,

If you can't get the page breaks to stick, you should probably accept it with the edited changes, or release it so someone else can deal with it. I say release it because somewhere in the back of my mind I thought you might be one of the Mac users, and I don't know how to rectify the problem on that system. If you reject the text version, while uploading the rtf file, I have my doubts that the original submitter will receive any credit even if you mention the situation in the comment field.
You could always submit the rtf file as an improved version after the original appears in the library.

Dave

At 05:50 PM 5/13/2004, you wrote:

Tracy,

Here?s what I did with one of those TXT downloads that
wouldn?t accept the rtf and didn?t have proper
pagination when I saved as a txt file (it had also
lost the italicizing and indented formatting for the
long quotations and poetry): I went back and submitted
the rtf file of the book as a substitue for the txt
file, explaining that I?d already validated it and it
should be rated excellent. I don?t remember irf I
rejected the txt file or not ­ I hope I did, so there
wouldn?t be two copies.