[bksvol-discuss] Success, I think, was Re: Re: A Problem With Converting to RTF

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:39:06 EDT

Okay, I tried something that I think worked. Several of you suggested that
I convert the file to txt in Word and then convert it to rtf. I do not have
Word, though, so I wondered if I could do the same thing in Open Book. I
converted it to txt and saved it in Open Book. I then converted it to rtf and
saved it in Open Book. It looked okay to me, but I was afraid to move it to
Wordpad, so I tried to upload it to Bookshare directly from Open Book.
Perhaps it was my ignorance again, but I used the browse feature for a long
time
and could not find it, so I went ahead and transferred it to Wordpad and
saved it in my documents. It looked okay again to my cursory examination. I
have
now uploaded it to the checkout list again. It is entitled Imago by Amy
Sterling Casil. I would really appreciate it if an experienced proofreader
would take this. Remember that originally I proofread it myself and only
submitted it as a new submission because it had entered the collection and then
was
withdrawn, so, even though I will not claim to have made no mistakes, the
hard part should be already done. What I am worrying about is that there
might be some other problem related to all this converting and I would like an
experienced proofreader who will recognize it and be able to discuss it with
me to determine what else has to be done. Also, the person who rejected it
last time gave not only the reason that minor errors were in every sentence,
but also said that it contained adult material and racist material. Now, I
don't think most people would claim that it contains "adult" material, but I
do know that I would disagree with anyone who did designate it adult as long
as that keeps anyone from reading it, so I would really appreciate it if
the adult designation that the Bookshare tools put on it be removed. As for
racism, I read it carefully and I cannot imagine how anyone could find racism
in it. Besides, I am pretty sure that those are not rejectable offenses
anyway. So will one of you download this book for proofreading. It is science
fiction.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours
in Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323006x1201367222/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072
&hmpgID=62&bcd=JuneExcfooterNO62)