[bksvol-discuss] Re: Success, I think, was Re: Re: A Problem With Convert...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:40:58 EDT

Alas, if it isn't one problem it's another. I can only say that when I
uploaded it the Bookshare tools said that it had 310 pages which is exactly what
it is supposed to have. I don't use Kurzweil, but the discussion on this
list would lead me to think the problem is in that software, except that it
seems less likely if Word says the same thing.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Success, I think, was Re: Re: A Problem With
Converting to RTF
Date:
6/28/2009 9:17:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Roger,

I downloaded your book for proofreading. Your book has a definite problem.
I don't know what caused it, but Both Word and Kurzweil show the book as
having
419 pages.  Page numbers indicate that there are only supposed to be 311,
or some number thereabouts pages.

I know this is not terribly devoted of me, but I do not have the patience
to fix this book up the way it is.  It would not be a difficult task.  It
would
just be a matter of merging pages, a very simple task in Kurzweil,
especially since it would just mean merging pages without page numbers at the
top
with
the previous page. It is great that you were so devoted about page
numbering so accurately. .  I just have a lot of other projects on my plate and
would
take a long time to finish this.

The book looks, really, really interesting.  If I made time to just read,
I'd definitely read this one!

As to how your book got more page breaks than it should have, I have no
idea.

I'm going to release your book for someone with more patience and who could
work on the book more quickly than I will to work on.  It really looks like
not a huge deal, I'm just swamped with about a bazillion other deals right
now.

I just wanted you to know what is up with your book.  And to say that the
solution for a proofreader using Kurzweil, the problem of extraneous and
magically
inserted page breaks is really not hard to fix.

So, please, someone, have more of a heart than I am (about which I feel
pretty bad) and help Roger out.  I think the book will be a really good read!

Mayrie

----