[bksvol-discuss] Submitted for your validating pleasures

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:17:08 -0600

Hi guys,
    Well I, my Kurzweil 1000 and scanner have been extremely busy and
productive since I returned home last Thursday night.

    Since coming home I have proofed approximately 1,130 pages. The following
titles have been submitted and await you on Step 1.

HB Casefiles:
#27 Nowhere to Run
#28 Countdown to Terror
#30 The Deadliest Dare
#31 Without a Trace

HB Mystery Stories:
#15 The Sinister Signpost

Also already submitted but either already on the site or currently in process:
HB Casefiles #26 Trouble in the Pipeline
and
A Crime for Christmas - A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery

I've also got Mystery at Devil's Paw (Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #38) the
original edition scanned and proofread (since Thanksgiving) I just forgot to
upload it, so look for it in the next day or two as well.

Somebody, I think Shelley, was discussing various projects they were working
on. A general goal of mine is to keep adding books from series that came out of
the Stratemeyer Syndicate from the early 1900s. These books obviously include
the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Tom Swift. There are others but I think these
are a pretty good start don't you?...well there are 500+ books that spawn from
these three series alone.

Additionally I've scanned and would like to scan more Boxcar Children books.
There's now a sizeable number of them on the site but it would be nice to fill
in some of the gaps. I'd also like to scan some Inspector West novels that were
written by John Cresey, but I've got to get good ol' mom or dad to take me to
the library to pick some up.

Well anyways all, I'm on break, I get my grades tomorrow and I'm inside away
from the cold! Definitely don't expect the scanner in me to keep up this
rate...I think after this semester I was having scanner withdrawals, thus the
approx 200 pages a day.

Good will to all and happy holidays!
Jake