[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted book Diarios de Motocicleta (in Spanish)

  • From: Sheri Wells Jensen <swellsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:34:47 -0400

Hi, Dilsia,

I'd tell you welcome back, but I'm actually much newer on the list than you are! :) FWIW, you don't carry the whole burden of validating all the Spanish books: One of my grad students is volunteering for bookshare this summer and she's planning to do lots of the Spanish validating this June.

If you're in PR this summer, please visit the beach at Bocaron for me: it was my favorite when we lived there... (I taught at UIA in San German during the late 90s. arriving just weeks before Huricane Georges. Ah, the beach... ah Pollo Tropical and parcha juice and the music and ... I'm making myself homesick!

Peace,
Sheri

At 07:24 PM 6/4/06, you wrote:
Welcome back, Dilsia. You may be the only one here who
can validate the Spanish-language books, and there are
a lot that have been added to the collection, I
suspect by the publisher. When I saw them on the New
Books List they were fated only fiar, but they may be
because they are in Spanish and the automatic rater
doesn't recognize it.

I saw the movie, Mototcycle Diaries, and not only
enjoyed it but learned a lot from it. Excellent
acting.

Guido is no longer with us. I met him at the CSUN
conference. He explained that he doesn't have time to
read all the posts. We miss his sense of humor. But we
have a lot of new volunteers on the list now, who are
all very nice, interesting, and helpful--and good
workers. smile.

Cindy

--- "Dilsia A. Martinez" <dilsiam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good evening to the volunteers in Bookshare:
>

>    I'm Dilsia Martinez from Puerto Rico. I was lost
> but Cindy found me :P, I've been absent from the
> volunteer pool and glad to be here again.
>
> I've submitted Diarios de Motocicleta written by
> Ernesto Che Guevara, Word document, Spanish
> language,
> includes photo captions and cover inline text.
>
>   The movie was brought to the screen by Walter
> Salles
> and Robert Redford as Motorcycle Diaries with Gael
> Garcia Bernal as el Che Guevara.
>
>   Cindy maaaaaaaaaa I'm back (grin), Shelley you
> there
> dear? Kelly Hartman, Jana Jackson?. Hey boys are you
> there Gustavo, Peter, Guido, Rui, Tony Baelcher?
>
> Hi Jake been reading youuuu, a pleasure
>
> Nice to be with all of you and the ones I haven't
> mentioned please don't get mad, the list is veryyyyy
> large for me to remember waooooo!!!
>

> God Bless you all kisses
> Dilsia

-- "There are no bread crumbs here; we can't go back the way we came. Hold my hand; we'll skip along." Kim Barlow