[bksvol-discuss] Re: Strange font styles in MS Word

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:38:58 -0600

Okay, I found out how to stop Window-Eyes from reporting the styles, but I'm still wondering if they will have any effect on the final document. I'm guessing that they won't, since I've made the appropriate font and paragraph standardizations, but am not 100% sure.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Smith wrote:
I'm using MS Word 2002 and Window-Eyes 7.11, and have encountered something strange in the document I'm currently proofing. Window-Eyes is constantly saying "style font style" followed by a number. From what I've read so far, the numbers range anywhere from 23 to 46. I standardized fonts and paragraphs, hoping that that would get rid of all this, but Window-Eyes is still saying this. I turned attribute changes on, and it reports that the font is Times New Roman, 12 point as I standardized it. Any ideas why I'm still hearing this and how I can get rid of it? Also, will this have any effect on the final document that is uploaded to Bookshare? I have a basic idea what styles are in Word, but don't fully understand them.
Thanks,

Melissa