[bksvol-discuss] Re: Single quotes vs. apostrophe

I think I'd rather keep my Kurzweil! <smile> Nice try, though! Take care.
Julie Morales
Email:
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger only (no email): mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: mercy0421
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:29 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Single quotes vs. apostrophe


Anyone want to contribute to my OpenBook replacement fund? <grin>  I'm
taking donations now.  For those who need an incentive, I will hold a raffle
in which the winner gets my OpenBook. <smile>

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Katie Star" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:24 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Single quotes vs. apostrophe


> HI Jake and Mickey,
>
> Just did that in a book. It sure saves a lot of time. One of the ways that
> Kurzweil really shines over using word.
>
>
> Katie Hill
> Miracles happen not in opposition to Nature, but in opposition to
>
> what we know of Nature.
>
> -St. Augustine
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jake Brownell
> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:50 AM
> To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Single quotes vs. apostrophe
>
> Hi Mickey,
>    Easy then. Just highlight one of the single quotes and copy it to your
> clipboard. Go to the top of the file. Press CTRL+H to open the
> Find/Replace
> dialogue. Then paste that single quote into the Find box, tab to the
> Replace
>
> area and just type an apostrophy. Press ALT+A to Replace All.
>    Your Rank Spelling should improve quite a bit! You can do the same
> thing
>
> with 'closed quotes' which do appear different from the quote typed from
> the
>
> keyboard. That should also improve Rank Spelling, but probably no where
> near
>
> as much.
>
> Jake
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:45 PM
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Single quotes vs. apostrophe
>
>
>> Hi, Jake. Kurzweil, thank God! <grin>
>>
>> Mickey
>>
>> Mickey Prahin
>> micka@xxxxxxxxxx
>> MSN: mickeylundgren@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Phone: (614) 670-4011
>> Check out Bob's new CD at
>> http://www.boballentrio.com
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:43 PM
>> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Single quotes vs. apostrophe
>>
>>
>>> Hi Mickey,
>>>    What program are you using? If Kurzweil, the process is very easy, if
>>> Word, it might be a little more complexe but still doable.
>>>
>>> Jake
>>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>>> From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:26 PM
>>> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Single quotes vs. apostrophe
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi. I'm validting a book which shows the possessives as having single
>>>> quotes rather than apostrophes. I know they're the same i print, yet
>>>> the
>
>>>> spellchecker is catching them. Is there any command I can give to
>>>> change
>
>>>> all the single quotes to apostrophes? There are hundreds of them.
>>>>
>>>> Mickey
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Mickey Prahin
>>>> micka@xxxxxxxxxx
>>>> MSN: mickeylundgren@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> Phone: (614) 670-4011
>>>> Check out Bob's new CD at
>>>> http://www.boballentrio.com
>>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>>>> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a
>>>> list
>
>>>> of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
>>>> line.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>>> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/360 - Release Date: 6/9/2006
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>>> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list
>>> of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
>>> line.
>>>
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list
>> of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/360 - Release Date: 6/9/2006
>>
>>
>
> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list
> of
> available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list
> of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
>
>

 To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of 
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.


 To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of 
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.

Other related posts: