[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sidebar quotes

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 21:57:34 -0500

Thank you, both, Lori, and Christopher! Looks like there is an update that
confirms what you said and I thought:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/4.8+C.+Footnotes%2C+Superscripts+and+Subscripts%2C+and+Sidebars

<https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/4.8+C.+Footnotes,+Superscripts+and+Subscripts,+and+Sidebars>

Quoting: "If the content of a sidebar is exactly identical to a passage in the
text in the body of the page, that
sidebar can be deleted entirely."

Thanks!
Valerie Maples

I talk, computer types, we both make mistakes. ;-)

On Oct 1, 2015, at 9:20 PM, Christopher Zeigler <chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

https://wiki.benetech.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29822354
<https://wiki.benetech.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29822354>
On Oct 1, 2015 5:16 PM, "Lori Castner" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi, Valerie,

I recall sometime ago that volunteers were told that if a sidebar contained
the same words that were also used in the text of the book that we could
delete the sidebar.
I no longer have the email that gives that information but am sure I am
correct.

Lori C.