[bksvol-discuss] Re: Should I scan the index?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:24:19 EDT

The number should refer to the page number. Or, could you be mistaking the
end notes for the index. If that is the case the numbers refer to
superscripts that appear in the text and I would think that really would be
hard to
find. That is why I prefer footnotes and endnotes to appear as they occur in
the text. In a recorded medium like RFB&D that should be fairly easy to do,
but they never do it unless they are actual footnotes. In a scanned book it
would be a terrible job to move them to those locations. By the way, I am
right now in the process of scanning the index I mentioned. It is not as hard
to edit as I thought it would be. This also means that I am just about
finished with this book.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in
various ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Should I scan the index?
Date:
4/29/2009 3:15:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I am currently reading a book on my BrailleNote that has an index. Some of
the entries I would really like to look at but so far haven't found any
satisfactory
way of finding them. All I'm seeing is a number, and these numbers begin
again with each chapter but so far locating them has really proved very
cumbersome.

block quote