[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scolastic publisher?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:44:42 -0500

I am remembering something, but I am not remembering it very well. A good while back Scott told us that he was going to start sending us the safe and unsafe publishers list along with the wish lists and the books being scanned list. We got that list once. It was not intended to be sent every week. Here is what I do not remember. He either said that it would be sent to us once a month or, perhaps, some other periodicity or he said that it would be sent to us whenever it was updated. If it was the former I think he forgot about it. If it was the latter then it was never updated and it is our fault for not looking for safe publishers to add to the list. In either case, there are new volunteers on the discussion list now since it was posted here. As I recall, it was going to be posted because the wiki where Bookshare has it is not very compatible with screen readers. I think it might be a good idea for Alisa to post that list for us again and I think it might be a good idea for us to get back into looking for small publishers or other publishers which do not have a contract with Bookshare and report them so that the list can be updated.

On 1/4/2012 1:43 AM, Cindy wrote:
I checked my downloaded list of publishers. The only Scholastic publications that said do not use re Arthur A, Levine imprints; some nonfiction and Spanish-language impprints said Caution
ndy