[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Questions

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 04:41:29 -0700

Rolph,

Although the training book is designed to introduce proofreading it is always
best for volunteers to complete it. In itself completing the training book will
not answer the sorts of specialize questions a scanner will have about proper
setting for the scanner, OCR software, Computer operation system, and AT
combination they have. It does introduce you to the sorts of formatting issues
you will need to know so that the scans you submit meet Bookshare's minimal
standards and do not place avoidable burden on proofers or get rejected for a
rescan

Scott Rains
Volunteer Program