[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner Glass cleaning

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:33:31 -0500

I use vinegar windex on bounty or some other brand of thick expensive paper towel. Some people say you should use a special dry cloth made from some animal fur, I forgot what animal, but that seems difficult to obtain. I have noticed absolutely no ill affects from using my more common method. Noone can say that vinegar could damage the plastic or glass surface of the scanner and expensive paper towels are not at all scratchy. I've been cleaning my scanner for many years now and my scans almost never have errors or junk that could possibly be attributed to fogging or dirty glass. At least not after a recent cleaning. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>