[bksvol-discuss] Sad news to share this morning

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:21:48 +0000

Dear Benetech staff and Bookshare volunteers,

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that our friend and dedicated
Bookshare staff person, Mayrie, has been battling cancer.  Due to the very
aggressive nature of the disease, Mayrie has made the decision to retire from
her work and volunteer duties, effective today.

I realize this news is very difficult as Mayrie has been a dedicated colleague
a beloved member of our extended community for many years.    She will be
deeply missed by anyone who has had the honor of knowing her and working with
her.

Mayrie has specifically asked that discussions about her health stay off the
discussion lists, to respect her privacy.  If you would like to send Mayrie any
kind of communication, she has asked that they be sent through me (my mailing
address is below, if needed).  Please know that she will receive each
communication, however, she may not feel well enough to respond.  I will post
to the discussion list (and share with staff) as we learn more.

Kindly,

Alisa K. Moore
Volunteer Program Manager
Benetech