[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting a book ASAP

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 03:50:39 -0500

Do you mean Kindle?  How much?
Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Cushman" <crysania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 12:38 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting a book ASAP

Hey everyone,

I ended up buying the book for him on Kendall.
So go I think it would be awesome to add it to the Collection, he still gets to read the book.
It was a pain to make accessible though.

On Mar 4, 2015, at 11:06 AM, Monica Willyard Moen <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's a shame since the book in question probably will be useful to a
student in the future. Maybe a student will request it at some point.
I had hoped that Bookshare might agree to do it because of the
educational nature of the book. In the meantime, if no one volunteers
to scan it, maybe Lisa's friend could get it through Kindle or iBooks.
That doesn't help the Bookshare collection in the long run, but it
would allow him to read the book immediately. I tend to do that with
books that are difficult to scan, like cookbooks and graphic novels. I
still scan cookbooks from our public library. However, sometimes I
have to end up buying the book  on Kindle if it doesn't scan well. I
use my Kindle copy to help fix up the cookbook that I've scanned if
the measurements for ingredients are messed up. It can be a slow
process, but it works.

On 3/4/15, Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Monica,

Judy is right. Much as we wish we could scan any and all book, we only have
the bandwidth for student requests these days.

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative