[bksvol-discuss] Request for Testers: YouTube Closed Caption Users

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 07:11:59 -0800

Good morning from windy Northern California,

 We are learning how to make all the tools of video production and distribution
meet our accessibility standards. Benetech would like some feedback on a
training video we completed last night. How well did we do on adding closed
captions on this training video for non-Bookshare users?

http://youtu.be/nrOUBKdIcMw

Post your observations her or offline to scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A word of caution for the casual viewer, this video can confuse those who are
already doing image descriptions for Bookshare.

The video we have closed captioned is not intended to instruct Bookshare
volunteers. It refers to a different URL and describes a different process.
This server is not for Bookshare books. It was set up for other organizations
around the world who want to try the Poet image description tool on their own
books. The process used on that server is more complicated than our own.
Specifically, I upload the books on our server so that you do not have to. To
describe a Bookshare book all you need to do is enter the Unique Identifier
(UID). I will send a list of the current UID's in a separate email.

Scott Rains
Bookshare

N?§²æìr¸?yúè?Øb²X¬¶Ç§u¦åjy?¨¥¶?ä²ú%v+ºË+z«?²×ëyéb²Û(®
n¶Ø^Â?ݺ{.nÇ+?·?Ê+lzWâ?Ø^²æãyËe?w?¢­jX¬¶?Ú½¨¥i¹^r?¦jwl¦ëm?ì(­Ø^??ò?Û?ø§¶¬¹¸ÞrÙb?